Art & Exhibitions
Works on display: September 17 - October 28
Opening Reception: September 30, 2:00 pm
Meet the artist | See new/recent works | Enjoy refreshments & live music + an Artist Talk
Lisa Poszywak is a Detroit-based artist, musician, and educator who has been exhibiting paintings locally and nationally since 2009. Poszywak elegantly blurs the lines between realism and surrealism, creating dazzling still lifes that are sometimes charming, sometimes wistfully nostalgic, and other times just a bit haunting.
When she’s not painting, Poszywak performs and records as one-half of the local post-punk duo Rogue Satellites. lisaposzywak.com
The Art and Exhibitions Committee’s mission is to promote and foster an appreciation of two and three-dimensional art for library patrons, through exhibits, lectures, and an expanded collection of art books.
Call for Proposals
The committee invites artists to submit proposals for exhibitions of their work. The library has two primary display areas: the Meeting room/Atrium areas; and The Corridor Gallery. Pertinent documents can be downloaded from the links below. Please read these carefully before submitting a proposal.
- All artists submitting work must download and fill out the application form below.
- Artists are encouraged to read all the documents before submitting an application, whether for the library’s group show, or for a future solo exhibition.
- The agreement is only filled out and signed upon acceptance of the artist’s work for exhibition.
- Art Policy
- Art Exhibition Proposal
- Art Exhibition Application
- Art Exhibition Agreement
- Art loan Agreement
- Exhibit Areas Diagram (1)
- Exhibit Areas Diagram (2)
Send Exhibition Applications and any/all other (filled out) documents^ to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The library currently owns a few pieces of original artwork. Click on the link below to view these. Or better yet—visit them at the library!
Please send inquiries to: email@example.com